I managed to work on one of my paintings yesterday after all. It's by no means finished, but I am happy working on it as the spirits move me. I wish the light were better in the studio today so the photos would be truer, but it's pouring rain and dark out.
It's interesting to see the progression. As you can see I added thins and then painted them out again. It's quite a forgiving process. I haven't moved on the first painting this week. I am not sure what I want to do with it yet. I have another blank canvass sitting here and I may just lay some paint down on that one later tonight.
I forgot to post this photo of all the 15 little quiltlets I stitched for a exchange I am in. It's for a Teesha Moore style project. It was a true labour of love making these, as it's really difficult to stitch with hands you can't feel. Imagine trying to thread a needle wearing oven mitts and you'll have some idea what it's like.
Despite the challenge, it was fun to pick through my collections of vintage celluloid, Bakelite and mother of pearl buttons and to find that perfect scrap of lace for each one. I used mostly Aunt Gracie reproduction 1920 and 30's fabrics. I sent the whole lot off and am now awaiting the returns. I am sure they will be beautiful!