Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Catching Up!



Creating: 
I am currently working on my December designs for Paper Artsy. In case you missed the first 9, you can find them here. What am I making? Well you'll just have to wait and see!

Reading: 
I've been on a book-buying binge in the last month.
 Right now I am reading Make it Mighty Ugly by Kim Werker. 

In the queue are: 

I wanted to read this one because it's about a man who goes out to mail a letter to a dying friend but then decides to deliver the message in person. He begins walking 600 miles. 

Inferno by Dan Brown
I love Dan Brown! I own everything he's written and this is the next instalment of his Robert Langdon series. Can't wait to dive in!

Granny Chic by Rachell Blondel & Tif Fussell 
The Granny Chic book was bought solely as eyecandy. I couldn't resist when I saw it was only $12.95. I love it because it's sort of zine-like. 

The Lynda Barry book is just *SO* delicious and I spent 3 weeks rabidly trying to track down a copy. (My friend Penn actually helped me find one in the end-all hail the mighty Pulp Fiction! Gotta love independent book stores for their fantastic customer service!) If you want to know why I wanted this book so badly, this blog has a good peek inside. Am I right or am I right? I love her books! I also own What It Is and Picture This: Nearsighted Monkey .


Watching:
So I am late to the party, but I am currently binge watching 8 seasons worth of Big Bang Theory. I'm almost through season 5. It's hilarious! I noticed that a piece of of Anahata Katkin's work hangs in one of the apartments!

I have also been watching season 5 of Downton Abbey. The writing, acting and costuming of this series is impeccable. 

Then there are my usual shows-Ice Pilots NWT (Which sadly is in its last season! *weeps*), Alaska the Last Frontier, Mountain Men, Life Below Zero, Ice Road Truckers, (Are you sensing a theme here?) The Amazing Race, Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown, Grey's Anatomy and a new show called Stalker.

Geez, when I list them out like that, it looks like alot, but I really spend very little time watching TV. I read more than I watch.


Listening:
Heart's on Fire ~Passenger
Broken Arrow ~Robbie Robertson
'Till the World Ends ~Andy Brown
The Scientist ~Willie Nelson

The Scientist was the final song from the movie The Judge with Robert Duvall and Robert Downey Junior. It was THE best movie I've seen in a long, long time. If you haven't seen it, GO! When it comes out on DVD, I am going to buy it. It was that good. I will be surprised if it doesn't win some awards. It was a beautiful piece of work.



Anticipating:
I received an email yesterday afternoon saying that a new book that my art will appear in is going to be released in short order! Yay! Two of my friends, Seth Apter and Penelope Harris are also being published in this book, but other than that, all the other artists are new to me. I can't wait to flip through it!

Here's a sneak peek of the cover:


If you're interested in adding this to your collection, you can pre-order here.

I am also looking forward to going to the Little River Band concert this weekend. My husband bought tickets for our 24th Anniversary which was just last week. It's his favourite band and has been the soundtrack of many a road trip together.


Dreaming:
I have some other exciting news, but I am just waiting for the okay to share it. It's pretty cool!!

1 comment:

Seth said...

I always love your daily life posts. Great to see what you are up to. And congrats on being in the Kickstarter book. I am excited to see it and happy we are in it together!