Monday, March 02, 2015

Catching Up!

Hello again! I know it's been some time since I posted. Life has been hectic and intense the last while. Sometimes, you just have to go with it.


I ordered more Moo cards. This time I decided that I wanted to use some of my photography of graffiti to make them. All but the pink "face" were taken in various locations in Whistler. The pink "face" was taken a few years ago of a set of doors on a building in Vancouver that was one of my favourites, but  sadly, is no more. The rest of my Moo cards from this latest set are piece of my art that I like and that I've had printed as Moo cards before. 

I was completely out of cards and wanted to make sure I had some for my trip to LA in two weeks. Moo always has excellent customer service and they were made and shipped lickity split. I LOVE Moo!

If you've never ordered from Moo before and would like to, you can get 10% off your order by following this link.


Here's a gratuitous photo of Indy getting dried off after being out in the rain. He cracks me up. I've never known a dog to love being towelled off as much as he does. He'd stand there all day and let you do it, if you were so inclined. I love his smile. It's too bad it was late at night and so dark when I took this.

If I've been kind of quite the last while, it's because I am dealing a number of things right now. One of those things is an eye issue. I am having significant pain and blurriness in my right eye. I've had my neuro opthamologist look at it and it's not optic neuritis. I trialed a drug and we know if the drug worked that it's exactly what he thinks it is. Well, the new drug did work for the eye pain, but it also created persistent intense headaches as a side effect.  I am unable to stay on this particular drug long term because of that, so I ended up getting off it. It was pretty miserable.

Then, because dealing with my eye wasn't enough, I had an accident last weekend. I got my foot caught getting out of the car and hit the dirt hard. I scared my husband-all he could see was my legs and I wasn't moving. He came flying around to my side of the car in a panic until I said "I am okay." Only it turns out, I wasn't okay-I have badly injured my ribs and am now on morphine while it heals. It hurts to breath, to lie down, to move...fun times! So, I am a bit broken at the moment.

I did my yearly interview with a UBC med student two weeks ago. It's always interesting to meet new medical students, tell them my story and then hear what questions they have. I just realised that I've been with this particular program now for 7 years. How time flies! My next meeting with my Health Mentor students is to prepare for the annual symposium which takes place at the end of April. 

I am flying off to Los Angeles tomorrow morning to attend the annual NMO Patient Day put on by the Guthy-Jackson Foundation. I will be speaking about my advocacy work as a Community Rep for the MS Society of Canada and as a UBC Health Mentor. I am looking forward to hearing what's going on in the world of NMO research. I am also looking forward to poking around LA before I have to fly back. I had plans with a good friend, but she had to cancel due to a death in the family, so I'll be adventuring on my own. 

Okay, I'd better go throw some stuff into a suitcase! Catcha on the flip side!


2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sorry you've had such a rough time. Here's hoping for healing. Have a safe trip.

Seth said...

Hope the trip to LA has been going well...and that you are feeling a bit better!