Thursday, April 02, 2015

New Digs!



The wall of overwhelm, (studio stuff) which I have since eliminated.

Creating:

We moved over the last week, downsizing as empty-nesters do. It was an interesting exercise in letting go-letting go of too much space and a ton of stuff we really had no need for. From this point on, I will be more mindful of what I buy and bring into our home. Fortunately, we were able to give a fair amount of useful things to friends, donated alot to charity and recycled everything we could that couldn't be re-homed.

Indy smelling all the smells.

I am now in the process of unpacking and creating a new space for us to live in. Our new home is on a green belt. We look out onto a courtyard filled with mature trees (ornamental cherry trees, magnolias and others) and we're surrounded by old growth evergreens. We have a covered balcony which Indy is really enjoying. He can lie out there even on a rainy day if he wants and smell all the good smells. It's very quiet and it's really like living in a park. We love it here.

I am getting some art ready to submit to the MS Society BC-Yukon Division's MS Expressions art show which will showcase visual arts created by people living with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and Neuromyelitis Optica (NMO). The exhibition will be held on Thursday, April 23, 2015 in the Lower lobby of Metrotower III, 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC (Connected to Metrotown Mall) with a reception from 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm. The event is free and everyone is welcome. If you'd like to attend,  please RSVP here.


Reading:
Since I've been so busy with packing to move over the last 3 weeks, I haven't had alot of time to read. I've also been having some issues with my vision, so some days I can read and some days I can't. I did just finish Jonathan Kellerman's latest novel in the Alex Delaware series, Motive. He remains my favourite author.

Watching:
I've been viewing quite a few documentaries. The most recent one was K2: Siren of the Himalayas which is about a 2009 attempt to scale K2. I also saw Tell It On the Mountain-Tales From the Pacific Crest Trail which follows a number of hikers along the trail. Both were really interesting. I am waiting for Inspired to Ride which is a new cycling film to come out. It's by the good folks who created Ride the Divide which I loved.

Listening:
Songs I am currently obsessing over:

Carrying A Torch-Van Morrison
Honest Songs-Noah Gunderson
You Won't Find Me-Amelia Curran
Slow Kind Light-Zaac Pick

Zaac Pick has a new album out on April 14th called Constellations. I can't wait. He's a local artist and one of my favourites. The Indigo Girls also have a new album out shortly and I am waiting {im}patiently for that one too!


Anticipating:
I had a pretty interesting invitation in my email the other day. As per usual, I can't say too much about it right now, but it's something I am really excited to be asked to do and I hope to have a positive impact. I'll share more when I can!

Dreaming:
Right now, I am looking forward to celebrating my birthday which was on the 22nd. We were so busy with the move that I elected to postpone it till after we got settled. There's a Keg dinner and a trip to the theatre to see The Second Best Marigold Hotel involved. I also have a birthday cheque to spend. It will either go towards art supplies or art books...I just need to decide. The kids are coming over for Easter dinner on Sunday. It will be our first family dinner in our new place.


1 comment:

Seth said...

A move is always exciting -- and daunting as well. I am sure you will turn the space that you now have into a den of creativity!