Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mission Accomplished!


Success! I have finally gotten around to getting patio furniture! I love this set-the table is gateleg so it folds down when not in use (great for winter storage!) and can be half extended or fully extended, depending on how much surface space I need. The chairs are super comfy and can recline if you just want to hang out and relax. They also fold flat. My son very sweetly put everything together for me. I could have done it myself but it would have taken my longer with numb hands. I was just as happy to have him do it.

I didn't end up buying an outdoor rug-I decided against it since during the summer, I give Indy beef bones and frozen treats to eat outside. It's easier to just rinse off the decking and not have to worry about food getting all over the rug. I'm all about low maintenance. It's also cooler for him to lie on the decking vs. a rug. This is his space too and I want him to be able to enjoy it.

I am very much looking forward to rolling my Ikea Raskog cart which houses all my art supplies (acrylic paints, watercolours, water soluble pastels, paintbrushes, stencils, etc.) out to the patio to work. I think at this point, pretty much every artist I know owns at least as one of these carts. I'm going to pick up a vinyl table cloth at the dollar store to protect the wood-that way I don't have to worry about making a mess.

So far we've enjoyed several lunches and dinners el fresco. It's been really relaxing to sit outside and enjoy the quiet. My son is cooking tonight for Mother's Day (BBQ!) and we'll have dinner outside. It's a beautiful day here on the west coast of Canada. We started out the day taking Indy up to the lake after breakfast for his first swim of the year. He had a great time and is happily snoozing.

Anyway, I am glad to finally have this "feathering the nest" project done. Now it's on to the next!

No comments: