Monday, October 04, 2004

Home again, home again...

I am back from retreat, tired, but satisfied with all the quilting I managed to get done. (Pictures to follow, probably Wednesday.) I have posted some pictures of the fabrics we dyed on Saturday. It was so cool to walk out the back door of the retreat center and see all the joyous colours flapping in the breeze. It reminded me of Tibetan prayer flags. I over-dyed several fabrics, but my favourite of the bunch was the Da Vinci one I over-dyed with red. I am going to use it for an altered book project at some point.

I met my goal of making myself a lap quilt. I made a sizeable raggedy one, using the DaVinci fabric I fell in love with. I just took it to the laundromat this morning to fray it in the wash. It's looking good if I do say so myself. It's about time I made one for me!

In other news, I finally found out why my rotary cutter was giving me so much trouble. It had a defect. The hole where the screw goes through to hold it together was oval instead of round and so it would never stay tightened. I just wrote the company that made it today to see if they will give me a new one. In the meantime, I won an ergonomic rotary cutter at retreat, which was fortunate seeing as I had a whole lot of quilting to do. It cuts like buttah. (Butter.)

Penn and I will be working on finishing up the grief book project. I can hardly wait to see then end result. It's going to be really great. I am still waiting for "The Sky's the Limit" chunky book to arrive. The waiting is making me crazy!! Now I'm just waiting for the next project to start-I have lots of ideas floating around inside my head.

Okay I am sneezing again (ruddy allergies!!) so I am going to have some tea. Thanks for stopping by. :)

No comments: