Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Retreating

This girl is TIRED!! It's been a busy last week leading up to my guild's quilting retreat. It starts on Thursday and runs through to Sunday. We are doing a "Survivor" theme, complete with challenges and hand-dyed buffs. It should be alot of fun. The weather has been exceptionally beautiful in the last 4 days and I am hoping it will hold through the weekend, since we have a fabric dying class scheduled and it would be best to do that outdoors. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

I have pre-cut fabric for a quilt I plan to make myself in 2 days. I want to make a raggedy quilt in black and white. It's not my usual colour pallet in the slightest, but I found this really cool Da Vinci fabric by Marcus Brothers. It has sketches of all of Da Vinci's flying machines on it and I just love it. I wanted to use a pattern that would really show off the fabric and I think the raggedy blocks will be perfect. It's also a very fast quilt to sew, so I should be able to make it this weekend.

In other news, word has it that the collaborative book "The Sky's the Limit" is in the mail. I am hoping it arrives today or tomorrow so I can take it with me to retreat to show people. I had to laugh the other day when I was at my stitchery group. One of the ladies was asking me what I had been up to quilt-wise and I had to confess to having spent all my time since April making altered art. She commented that she didn't "get it". (The whole altered art thing.) Then another piped up and said she didn't get it either, but she likes it. It was pretty funny. I am sure they all think I am whacked, but I don't care. It makes me enormously happy and that's all that matters. These things do please me well!

It is of note to mention that Tracy Roos is launching a line of rubber stamps. I am drooling over the "xox Fairy" and "The Queen". Can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

So..if things are quiet in the next few days it because I have gone off to commune with quilters in a computer-free zone. (That will be the true test of my Survivor skills!) Toodles!


No comments: