Saturday, November 20, 2004

Don't Try This At Home

Last night I did something monumentally stupid. I was making dinner and put the dinner plates down on the top of the stove for a minute on an element. Dh got talking to me while I was getting everything organized to make eggs. I turned an element on and walked away for a few minutes. Then I came back and went to move the plates. I picked them up. I had accidentally turned the element on that they were sitting on. The plates were red hot. It took me a minute to realize I was burning the heck out of my fingers and then I dropped the whole stack. They smashed all over the kitchen floor.

I eventually had to get myself to the walk in clinic-I have 2nd degree burns to the pads of my middle and ring fingers of my right hand. The doc applied medicine and bandages . It hurts like hell-very, very painful.

Please people, don't ever do what I did. It was not only a stupid mistake but a painful one. The worst part is I can't do art with my hand like this. It's going to be a few days till I can get the bandages off. :(

No comments: