Saturday, February 05, 2005

More Good News! (For me anyway.)

At long last two books I wanted to buy have come in. Artist Trading Cards by Stampington and Crafting Personal Shrines : Using Photos, Mementos & Treasures to Create Artful Displays by Carol Owen.

The shrines one I have been dying to have. I have only heard really good things about it and I want to try my hand at making some shrines. I had to laugh though. When I talked to someone about ordering it for me, she hesitantly told me it would be expensive. It's about $37 CDN. I just laughed and told her not to ever worry about telling me the price of a book. Having been a quilter for 13 years, I'm not in the least bit fazed about the price of books. Most quilt books run $40 minimum. Since I am really picky about which books I buy, I don't buy alot (probably 3-5 a year) so I can justify spending that kind of money. The books I do buy I use over and over so it's a good investment.

Anyhoo, I will pick them up tomorrow. YAY!!

No comments: