Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A Bevy of Books!






So for the last few days I have been working on my trades for Artfest. Apparently the trades are a big deal and I am kinda excited about it. I have been making all kinds of things to swap with people.

Over the weekend, I came up with the idea to make these teeny little notebooks. I thought they would come in handy for people to jot down addresses, emails, that kind of thing. It was also a good way to break in my new Rubicoil machine!

Yesterday I went over to my friend Penn's gorgeous new house (which is almost finished being built-just the small details left to complete) and showed her all my trade stuff. She was oohing and aahing so I guess that means I did okay! :)

The funny thing is that while I have prearranged to swap with friends I know who are coming, I have no idea how many other people will want to trade with me, so I keep right on making things. It's okay if I come home with some-no biggie. I have been toying with the idea of perhaps selling some of these things on my website, but haven't made up my mind yet one way or the other.

Only 37 more sleeps to go!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are awesome!!! I need to start working on swaps.

smooches

Anonymous said...

hey lelainia!!
i LOVE it that you count in sleeps too!! it's the only way! wish i was coming to ArtFest so i could swap with you--the mini books are WONDERFUL!!
just wondered if you would mind if i put your blog on mine? am just starting with it--but would love to have you there!!
hope it's warmed up a bit in b.c. your artic winds have hit the uk and it's FREEZING here!!
talk soon
liz xx (mmca)