Friday, April 28, 2006

Everything Old is New Again

Hi Folks. I think I am finally back after an entire week struggling with my internet connection. Monkey are running the world-I spoke to THREE techs at my ISP this week and got three different reasons who my connectivity was an issue. Utter frustration ensued, but I have changed out my splitter (What fun that was!!) and hopefully now things are back to normal. There's nothing to do but wait and see!

In the meantime, I took a Punch Needle Embroidery class yesterday with needlework goddess and good friend Annemarie out at Quiltopia. I have seen this type of embroidery before and I own some antique pieces done this way. I decided I had to try it. It's an old art form and it's making a come back. The class was alot of fun and this heart was my first try. When I got home, I started the practice pattern Annemarie had given us in our handouts and I have it 70% finished already. It's the perfect handwork to be doing in front of the tv and I just love how when they are done they look like little tiny hooked rugs! They feel really cool too!!

I have a pattern called The Apple Orchard by Brenda Gervais that I will be doing next. It's got a Shaker house and an apple tree with a bird in it and the border has the alphabet and stars on it. It's kind of like a Sampler. I saw a couple others I want to order too. Addictive, I tell ya!! My head is already swimming with ideas about designs I want to make!!

1 comment:

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

That looks neat. Tempted to try it but I need another hobby like I need a hole in my head. LOL Looking forward to seeing your other projects!