Friday, May 12, 2006

Flying Fingers!

See? I told you I was making 10 pincushions! They are all stuffed now and the only thing left to do is to make cording for them and sew it on. I have to go pick up some more DMC to do that though-making cording takes up alot of thread. I am hoping some people at AFF will have "bigger" stuff to trade like little quilts or something like that so I can trade these-they took a bit of time to do! I will also be giving a couple to friends I will see there, so some are spoken for. The trades at AF were so great it makes me excited for AFF's trades. I came home with THREE cloth bags full of goodies last time. It was a really cool way to meet people.

I am also getting beads ready for the Beautiful Bead swap. I must have been a crow in a former life-I love shiny things and the glass beads that have come in are wonderful! I can't wait for everyone to get their packets in the mail so they can oooh and ahhh over them too. (There's still time to join in if you are interested-see the previous post for more info.) I am going to take my swapped beads to AFF to use in a class I am taking with Elsie Peeples called Joyous Expressions: Flat Figures. I think I definitely need a "muse" for my workspace! Can't wait!

Well, I had better run-I need to excavate my desk-it's buried under a pile of art stuff and it's a huge mess. Time to tidy up so I can get some work done! Happy Friday everyone!

1 comment:

Mary Stanley said...

Love your pincushions! Wow! Can't believe you got all those made. I'm working on some AFF trades too.
Hooked flower pins...still in the works...