Tuesday, May 23, 2006

News Flash!!

The lovely woman in this picture is my oldest friend Farrell. I have known her since Kindergarten. She's the kind of friend who understands things without explanation-there's a shorthand we share from having grown up together on the Canadian Prairies and I consider her family.

Farrell has been working on her album (sorry-can't bring myself to say CD-that just sounds too weird) for the last year and a half. Periodically I would get an email inviting me to preview one of the latest song she was recording and now, at long last, she is ready to preview her album live with her band The Widowmakers! I am *SO* excited for her!! If you are local and free on Sunday evening, please come and hear what she has to offer-I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Her music is beautiful. You can click here for a preview. ("Those Were the Days" is my fav!)

And Farrell, I am so proud of you! Congratulations on finishing your album. I know how hard you worked and I know it's going to be steller. Save me a copy will ya? I will be there, camera in hand! *break a leg*

1 comment:

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

How exciting. Wish her luck. She is gorgeous. Have fun!