Friday, July 20, 2007

Fit for an Artist



This folks is my new chair! I have been griping about the agony my old chair has been causing me and have talked about buying myself a new and improved one. This afternoon I had some photocopying to do for my class on Sunday and as I was finishing up, I noticed this chair was on sale. I went over and sat down in it and ahhhhh!

I asked the clerk if there was someone who could help me load one into my car. Normally I can manage myself (I am woman, hear me roar!) but since I fell down the stairs on Tuesday, I figured I had better not push my luck. One of the guys came along and told me I could have the assembled chair (not one in pieces in a box) and get another 25% off! So my new chair was under $60, which is really something because I know you can't usually find a chair like this so cheap.

Having a comfy chair means that I can now sit and work on art without feeling crippled when I am finished for the day. It's not unusual for me to start working at 5 a.m. and go straight through till 3 p.m. most days. Sometimes I even work after dinner till 11 p.m. Crazy, I know, but when you are inspired, the clock does not rule. The back however does and the more uncomfortable my old chair got, the less time I could tolerate sitting in it. But no more! I now have this comfy new one and my son will be banned from sitting in it. He ruined my old chair by leaning too far back on it, too hard, too many times. One day I went to sit on it and when I leaned back on it, the back of the chair fell off and I fell a** over teakettle backwards! Needless to say that won't be happening to this chair!

I am pleased that my workspace is shaping up partly by design and partly out of necessity. It makes working much more enjoyable if I am comfortable and things are ship shape. There's still more tidying and organizing to do, but it's getting there. Today happiness is a new chair!

2 comments:

Shari Beaubien said...

Love the new chair, Lelainia! I'm jealous. I can feel the comfort oozing out of the photo. Hope your fall wasn't to serious though!! Hugs, Shari

Deb said...

Yee Ha, old Tuna! A comfy new chair in which to make fantastic new art! I have one, but alas, I find I cannot work sitting down. (In this heat, I can't work standing up either - how about laying down?)


deb