Thursday, July 05, 2007

FREE Workshops!!

Copyright Tattered Edge 2007
So I have some news! I will be presenting two FREE workshops in the new year at Poirier Public Library. Yes, you read that right, they're FREE to attend! Get out your red pens and mark your calendars!


The first presentation, Exploring the World of Mixed Media & Altered Books will be a trunk show, with a focus on books. In this interactive presentation, participants will have the opportunity to learn about the wonderfully creative world of Mixed Media and Altered Art. I will share with you my altered books, altered board books, collaborative books, fabric books, mixed media journals and more. Discover how you can tap into your own creativity and enjoy books in a whole new way! This presentation will take place on Thursday, January 31st, 2008.


The second class is An Artful Life: Mixed Media Journaling On the Go! In this hands-on workshop, participants will explore ways to incorporate “art time” into their busy schedule. Each participant will have the opportunity to create a mixed media journal using unconventional supplies gleaned from everyday life. I will share with you a variety of tips and tricks for living a more artful life-it’s easier than you than you think! This workshops is scheduled to take place on Thursday, February 7th, 2008.


I am still working on confirming a few details (like the time of the workshops, though I suspect they will be in the evening) so once I have those, I will let you know!


If you are interested in attending you must register by calling the library at: 604-937-4155 and leave your name, number, the name of the class and indicate how many would like to attend.


In addition to these workshops, I have also been invited to exhibit my work at the library again, this time for 2 whole months! My art will be on display from January 1st- February 29th, 2008.


I am really looking forward to these workshops and if you are local, I do hope you will come join me!

No comments: