Monday, November 26, 2007

Be It Ever So Humble

Copyright Tattered Edge 2007

This is of one of the two little Buddhas I bought for my studio. Just looking at it makes me feel Zen. I am taking a moment to breathe and be still after the whirl wind of activity that was the weekend. We were finally able to move into the upstairs of the house we rented. Believe me, the feeling of relief I feel over this is immense. It's been an incredibly long three months with packing and moving downstairs, surviving the chaos that went with the previous upstairs tenants (who were supposed to be gone before we even arrived, but were not!) and then finally getting up here. I have never spent so much time cleaning and painting! We have now officially cleaned and painted the interior of an entire house, something I hope to never have to do again. Seriously.

The whole thing was worth it though-we have finally landed and the unpacking is about 80% done. My studio is about 80% unpacked as well and hopefully by the weekend, we will be settled in and can finally relax. I am really loving having a dedicated space to cocoon myself up in and work. I haven't had a chance to dig into anything substantial yet, but after the weekend, I have some serious art to make!

I have actually had the best time unpacking my art stuff. I am rediscovering old treasures and it's like receiving the gift of the art my friends have made for me all over again. It's very happy making and comforting to be surrounded by my special things once again. I am someone who loves order and let me tell you, camping out amongst the boxes was not my idea of fun.

So...a new chapter begins in our lives and I think we will be really happy here. I would not have chosen to move, nor the circumstances that made it necessary, however the Universe has provided this opportunity and even if we had to earn it the hard way, I am grateful. I am also grateful the Internet guy got my service up and running finally-I was offline the entire weekend. Every time he said he was coming, he'd call back later and say he couldn't make it. He finally managed to swing by this morning and deal with it. The only fly in the ointment now is that somehow our cable's gone out and we've only got 3 stations. I called to let him know and hopefully this will get sorted this afternoon. My guys love their tv in the evenings and they are not going to be happy if it's not restored PDQ!

Once I get the studio ship shape, I will have to post some pictures. Okay, time for me to get back to unpacking! Catcha later!


No comments: