Saturday, December 08, 2007

What's Cookin' In the Studio

Copyright Tattered Edge 2007


It's been a busy time in my studio the last week or so, now that I am settling in and finallyhave unfettered access to my art supplies and tools. I can't tell you how good it feels to be creating something-anything again!

I found these little metal moulds at the thrift store and brought them home to hold bits and pieces of "stuff" on my desk while I work. As you can see, I've been working with buttons, ribbons and thread, creating pieces for what I hope will be a published article soon. That's all I can share about it right now.

I just realized that in 3 weeks, I will be setting up an exhibit of my art at the Poirier Library for all of January and February. When it was booked back in the summer, it seemed a long way off. Time has flown by and the day will be upon me soon! I had better get busy-I hope to have some new work to share.

In the meantime, I suppose I should start thinking about shopping for Xmas gifts and get them wrapped and out the door. Every year I think I will try and start sooner and every year, I keep putting it off until the last possible second. It's funny because I love to give gifts. I just hate having to go to the mall to get them. Next year, I think I will try and do it all via mail order. It just wasn't possible this year with all the moving chaos-I didn't have the luxury of time to think about it and plan ahead for it.

Speaking of mail, Friday my post box was full to bursting with parcels for the 12 days of Xmas exchange. My son stopped on his way home from school to pick up our mail and he came home with a backpack laden with presents for me! Of course, I am being really good and waiting till the 13th to begin opening them, but that doesn't stop me from shaking and squeezing each and every one. *grins*

Tomorrow we're going to go pick out a tree. I'll be back with pictures once it's up!

No comments: