Friday, March 14, 2008

Midway in March

Copyright Tattered Edge 2008
WOW! It's Friday! Where did the week go? It seems the days are whipping by in a blur! March is already half over!

Anyway, catching up on the latest news, this is the art I did for the last project I completed, Muse-ic 3. And in case you are wondering, yes, that really is a real pressed flower. Years ago, this lady named Pam from back east sent me some of her pressed flowers and this is one of the last ones left. I was worried that colour copying would crush it, but it held up really well. I love the symmetry of flowers.

I just joined a new design team, but I will hold off saying too much just yet, as I imagine they will have some sort of official announcement. I am pleased to be working with this company and look forward to the challenge.

For those of you who were wanting to take my Altered Books: Come Again workshop in May, registration begins today! You can either register by phone or online at Place des Arts.

In other news, I will be announcing a new blog and re-launch of the professional artist's group I belong to on Monday, so check back to get the scoop!

Other than that, I am being spoiled absolutely rotten by my nearest and dearest friends for my birthday. (Which isn't till Easter weekend!) My best friend Lisa is taking me on Thursday to a spa for a pedicure and facial. We love this spa-it's beautiful and relaxing and it's fun to do these things together. I have never been much of a girly-girl, but I enjoy this kind of thing as a treat.

Yesterday, Deb called me and told me about plans for this very incredible gift she and Deryn wanted to give me. I am still in awe. I will tell you all about it when it arrives.

Easter weekend I am having a house full of friends for dinner to celebrate my birthday. I think it will be fun because some folks know one another and some don't. It's always interesting to introduce one set of friends to another. It's a pretty prolific group too, so I am sure there will be lots for folks to talk about! There's nothing I love more than cooking a good meal and inviting people to share it. It's the way I grew up. My Grandparents' house would always be full of friends on the weekends. Someone would come by for coffee in the morning and be invited to stay for lunch. Someone would drop by at lunch and be invited to stay for dinner, before too long there would be a house full of people all eating, talking and laughing and playing board games together. Good times!

I am still prepping for Artfest. I have all my tools now, it's just a matter of finishing my housemate trades. They are sitting here on my desk, calling me to finish them. Only 18 more days left and I know they are going to fly by! SO much to do, so little time!

1 comment:

burntofferings said...

boy, can we relate to your last paragraph! see you at artfest...LOL
~ l & o