Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Sifting


I am deep in the process of pulling yummy bits from my stash for my sketchbook for The Sketchbook Project. (This is only a fraction of what I've pulled.) I love this stage in a project because it's ripe with possibility.

I thought I would get a head start because we're having a rolling postal strike here in Canada, so I have no idea how long it's going to take my Sketchbook to arrive. When it does, I'll be able to hit the ground running!

If you're participating, give me a shout and a link-I want to see what you're doing too! My page is here. I'll will be sharing my progress as I go along for all of you who asked. I'm all for eyecandy!

Meanwhile, while I sift through piles of ephemera, here's what's playing in my studio:

Dig Down Deep ~Marc Cohen
Hard Times Come Again No More ~YoYo Ma & James Taylor
Back To Me ~Kathleen Edwards
Falling For the First Time ~Barenaked Ladies
Dream A Little Dream ~Eddie Vedder
These Friends Of Mine ~Rosie Thomas
The Sound of Silence ~Kina Grannis
Cup of Sorrow ~Amos Lee
The Afterlife ~ Paul Simon
You & Me ~Dave Matthews Band
Tonight You Belong To Me ~Eddie Vedder

Eclectic to be sure, but it's good stuff! Music is the life blood of this studio- no music, no art!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Chemotherapy Dispose of Properly -- you knew that one would get my attention. Eager to see what you do with THAT! LOL!!!