Monday, September 19, 2011

Textures & Layers

Once

I've been working hard in the last week with textures. (Which I am sure you can tell by the number of image posts I've made lately.) I'm really loving this particular aspect of Swan Dive. It's the digital version of what I do on paper-the layering, blending, finding balance...all the things I love. I create entirely by instinct-I experiment with different elements until the piece feels right. If I don't like a choice I've made, I just hit the "undo" button and there's no harm done! Gotta love that!

I worked on Once last night. I created it from a vintage cabinet card in my vast collection and then pieced together five layers to create this image. I am especially pleased with how it came out. Today's Monday, so we've got a new technique to explore in class this week, but I'm finding it hard to move on. I want to dabble more in texture which is so satisfying.

Speaking of class, I wanted to let you know that Vivienne is having a giveaway on her blog. She's generously offering up TWO free spaces in her Wading In class, which starts soon. I can't say enough good things about the classes or Vivienne herself. If you'd like to read about my experience of Wading In, you can check out my Muse Interview.

To enter to win a spot in Wading In, click here.
The draw takes place at 8 a.m. PST on September 22nd, so hurry!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Very cool!

Deb said...

Love the colors! Love the photo. Love the photographer :)

Deb said...

Love the colors. Love the effect. LOVE the photographer!