Wednesday, December 19, 2012

HUGE News!


Today an official letter arrived from my MLA's office, which read:

"On behalf of his Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, I am pleased to inform you that you have been awarded a Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal."

The letter went on to say that I was being invited, along with two guests to the presentation ceremony which will be held on January 25th, 2013.

WOW!  I am deeply humbled to receive this incredible honour and eternally grateful to those who had a hand in my nomination. (You know who you are.) 

What an amazing way to kick off the new year!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so thrilled for you! You totally deserve this!

Lottie Anderson, BFA said...

How wonderful. Congratulations on this acknowledgement of your efforts.

Well done.

Seth said...

What incredible news Lelainia and what an honor to receive. I am so happy for you and am so pleased that your efforts have been recognized and acknowledged in such a significant way. You are truly deserving of this and I hope that you will celebrate for many moons to come!

PaperArtsy said...

Wow. What a fabulous honour! Huge congratulations!!

Carol Browne said...

WHAT? Woohoo! This is great news! Fancy! Right from the Queen :-)

I cannot wait to hear about the presentation ceremony! You'll have to wear a fancy dress and everything!

Andrea said...

Wow! Congratulations! Very exciting and very well deserved. I am also pleased to announce that I just found out that the 4 athletes and coaches I nominated on behalf of the Canadian Paralympic Committee are also receiving medals. Quite illustrious company you're in!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful honor! Congratulations!

Bettyann said...

Just heard the great news...congratulations....WOW !!!