Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Magic Mailbox: Lab Love

Yesterday there was a surprise package from my friend Maria Lamb in the magic mailbox. I had no idea what it could be. When I opened it, I saw this:


A hand felted mini Indy! Maria has been creating tiny dogs of various breeds for some time now. She begins with forming a wire structure and then builds the body from batting and wool on top, making the dogs poseable. Here's a link to her needle felted animal collection.

What I love best about the Indy she created is that he's blackish brown, which Indy is-his mum was a black and his dad was a chocolate, so he has a brown undercoat. You can usually see it best in his summer coat which is less thick. The summer sun brings out the brown in his fur.

Maria is so talented and especially good at creating dogs. She did portraits of Indy's little brother Dexter for my best friend Lisa & her husband Lance which I gave to them as thank you gifts a few years ago.

THANK YOU MARIA!! I adore this gift more than words could say. It was a lovely surprise and I will treasure it always. 
xox

No comments: