Thursday, December 13, 2012

Magic Mailbox: The Sweetest Gift

A mysterious box turned up in the mail today. 
Inside was a pretty turquoise tin. 
The card taped on top said this:


Inside were two layers of beautiful, delicious Purdy's chocolates:


Dark chocolate is my favourite.

This sweet gift was from my best friend Lisa. Years ago, we met while working on the crisis line. As she often puts it, we instantly took a dislike to one another, so we were destined to be friends. We've been inseparable ever since. 

It's a blessing to have someone in your life who knows exactly what to do when your spirits need lifting. It's been a rough 3 1/2 months. (Understatement of the year.) My heart is so tender right now that even the smallest act of kindness reduces me to tears. They were rolling down my face as I tasted a chocolate. I savoured the coconut one-it was heaven.

THANK YOU Lisa, for always being there for me in innumerable ways; for being  my confidant, my sister, my mentor and the person I most love laughing with. You make my world so much better simply by being in it. I adore you, always.
xox

3 comments:

Seth said...

Every body needs a Lisa. And some chocolate!

Bettyann said...

What a lucky person to have Lisa in your life....take care..

Jenny said...

I love hearing touching stories about friendship. Thanks for sharing.