Wednesday, July 17, 2013

For The Win!


The latest issue of Uppercase, #18 has arrived! I had completely forgotten that I had a Subscriber profile included in this issue. I was flipping through, saw it on the page and had a moment of "Oh yeah!" Very honoured to have been included in such a great publication. Thanks Janine!

There is so much good stuff in issue 18-a collection of tiny chairs, (I have a wee collection of these myself) ransom note art, (I made one to submit, but sadly, it never made it into the mail-life happens) assemblages and more. Each issue is a delicious dose of eyecandy! If you're not subscribed, you're missing out!

In other news, I won a set of tickets from Stanley Park 125 for a horse drawn tour of Stanley Park! THANK YOU!! I am thrilled! I've lived here for 27 years and never actually done this. When I told my husband, he was excited about sharing that experience with me. I'd like to do it in early autumn when the trees will be turning colour-I can't think of a better way to celebrate the arrival of my favourite season! 
Horses + my beloved park + autumn = MAGIC!

Stanley Park turns 125 on August 24th-25th and I will be volunteering at the weekend-long celebration. There is going to be a variety of concerts and events throughout the park. You can find more information here. There's something for everyone! Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

Seth said...

Congrats on both wins! I do love Stanley Park So different from Central Park but equally wonderful!