Monday, September 09, 2013

Good Things


Copyright Lelainia Lloyd 2013

1. Friends who recommend good iPhone photo apps. After admiring Roben Marie's Instagram pics, I finally had to ask her what apps she's been using. AremaC does pretty things like I did to this simple photo I took at the PNE a few weeks ago. Love it!

2. Online art classes. After finding an unexpected windfall in my email yesterday morning, I decided to treat myself to Roben Marie's You've Got Mail Art class. I've been wanting to take it and decided now was as good a time as any, especially with the prospect of hand surgery looming. I doubt I'm going to be able to do much once that happens, so I'd better get my art fix NOW. I'm diving in today!

3. This video, by a local artist Bodhi Jones, shot at the corner of Granville and Broadway in Vancouver as one single, continuous shot.  If I remember correctly, he said in a recent interview he stood out there for 14 hours straight. It's amazing- see for yourself. (Be forewarned there's the occasional f-bomb in this song if you're easily offended.)


3. The gift of blue plums. We have friends who have a tree and last night my husband came home with a bag full of them. They are one of my most favourite things. YUM!

4. Volunteering. I decided to volunteer for the annual Terry Fox which is being held at Blue Mountain Park at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 15th. (This Sunday.) For those of you who don't know who Terry Fox is, the short story is he's a beloved Canadian hero. The long story is here. My husband knew Terry and his siblings-they went to school together. I am volunteering in my husband's honour. He was diagnosed with kidney cancer a year ago on September long weekend. My husband will be walking as a survivor on Sunday. If you are local please come join us-you can run, walk or wheel or just come to honour Terry's memory and legacy. Terry's sister Judith will be speaking. Need more details? You can find them here.

1 comment:

Carol Browne said...

Woohoo! Let's hear it for windfalls! And art class is a great way to spend it. Lovely!