Tuesday, September 03, 2013

September Long Weekend 2013

         

I hope everyone had a great long weekend! We decided to spend most of Saturday at Spanish Banks in Vancouver. There's a huge stretch of beach there and if you drive right the last segment of it, there's a dedicated dog beach.


      

When we arrived at about 10 a.m., the tide was way out, which made me happy because I love to walk on the sand. We could get a fair way out and still only be ankle deep once we hit the water.

Here's a short video clip of Indy having a great time with a Husky he made friends with. You can kind of get an idea how far out we were and he's not even chest deep.


         

I shot this from where I was standing, mid-shin deep. I didn't go out further because I had my iPhone in my pocket and with my lack of proprioception didn't want to lose my balance, fall down and get my phone wet. If I'd had a ziplock bag to keep my phone safe, I would have walked out as far as I could go, just for fun. I'll know to be better prepared next time!

We had a picnic lunch and after lunch went back down to the beach. In the short 1/2 hour we were eating, the tide had come in and it was finally deep enough for Indy to swim. He had a great time retrieving his water Kong and shooting the waves. 

I'm ready for Autumn now!

No comments: