Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Live and Learn

So last night I was watching TV and decided to prep some microscope slides to make some soldered pieces. I had 1/4 inch copper tape but it seemed too wide. No problem! I'll just trim it a bit and I'll be good to go.

I trimmed it and applied it to the slide, carefully burnishing it down to get a good seal. Afterwards, I realized my right index finger was throbbing. Turns out I can cut it to ribbons and never even noticed. I guess when I trimmed the copper tape, I created a rough, sharp edge that slit my fingertip open over and over.

It hurts, being in a rather bad spot where all the little nerve endings are. Heaven only knows how long it's going to take to heal. So..if anyone else is contemplating doing the same thing, don't. It's painful. :(

*Note to self: Never trim copper tape. It's *SO* not worth it.

No comments: