Monday, March 07, 2005

Satan's Laundromat

Last July I went to NYC for the first time. (I had overnighted there before way back in 1987, but that was due to a missed flight and I don't remember much since I was so exhausted from traveling.)

Anyway, I fell in love with the city and the people this time around. The city is so frenetic-much louder, bigger and faster than Vancouver, but somehow it got under my skin and now I miss it. When I need a NYC fix I visit this really cool photoblog called Satan's Laundromat. (Thus named after a picture of a laundromat featuring the address 666.) It belongs to a guy named Mike whose photos are amazingly observant. He somehow captures life on a microcosmic level. He see things most people just completely miss. I added him to my links page on my website about a year ago so others could appreciate his gift. If you haven't checked it out, go have a peek. You will see the city in a way no one else does. It's amazing.

No comments: