Thursday, July 21, 2005

Disaster

So this is my bathroom. (A picture is worth a thousand words.) Basically what started out as a small leak turned into a Pandora's Box of epic proportions.

What this means is we are now homeless for the next 3 weeks. We spent last night at a friend's house (Thank you Lisa & Lance!) and the remaining time will be spent in a hotel.

The restoration guy says they will be tearing out more wall, part of the ceiling, all of the concrete and god knows what else. It might also extend into the hallway. Minimum of 3 weeks to fix it and make it livable. The house is a disaster-crud everywhere, dust, household stuff. It's filthy. I would cry if I had the energy. This is hugely stressful.

Anyway, I am posting this in case you try to email me and I am slow to respond. I am not sure how often I will be checking email since I won't be home except to grab provisions. I also don't want to run my computer while there is so much dust-I am afraid of the dust ruining it. (And where would I be without my beloved computer? Utterly lost, that's where!)

If you do need to get ahold of me, just email and let me know-there may be a lag time, but I will do my best to get back to you. Please be patient while I slog through this disaster. Thanks.

No comments: