Sunday, July 24, 2005

The Gypsy Life

So here I am at the hotel and trying to somehow get settled in. I don't know if that is possible though. We are in a regular hotel room until tomorrow when we hope to be able to switch to a room that is actually a suite. Ever tried to cook a dinner in a 2 ft. x 2 ft. space? The sink is teeny-two plates and two cups and it's full! I am definately learning about doing more with less.

In the meantime, I am trying to continue to meet all my art commiments. I have one more class to design PDQ and that's going to be a challenge sans a computer. (My only access at the moment is in the hotel lobby and all my class stuff is in my hard drive at home, under a tarp.)

I am trying to make do and hoping the restoration guys get cracking tomorrow. It is really stressful not being home and waiting, wondering and worrying about what's going on there. I am definately a homebody. So far they have been running a dehumidifier all weekend to dry the moisture in the floors and the walls. I don't know what comes next, but probably ripping more wall and concrete out. *cringes*

That's the latest in my world! Thanks to all my local friends who have offered their help in a variety of ways. You are all gems and I really do appreciate it. Also thanks to everyone who has emailed with their support. You have really lifted my spirits. xoxo ;)

No comments: