Friday, August 05, 2005

Update from Exile

Hi Folks I am still in the hotel. So far, after 16 days, the restoration guys have completed a mere 2 days of work on my bathroom. As it stands now, the ceiling has been torn out, the lion's share of the drywall on the walls and all the lino-it's down to concrete. Hopefully the drywallers will get started today. I will be popping up to the house later today to see what, if anything has been done. Looks like we will probably be here for another 2 weeks or so. All I can say is if you rent and don't have insurance get it!! The coverage for the hotel bill alone makes it worth it. Also if the pipe had burst, rather than leaked, we would certainly be facing having to replace almost everything. That would mean big $$!!

In the meantime, I am working on preparing for Artwerx. (No mean feat when you can't be at home!) Only 7 more sleeps! I am so excited!! Looking forward to meeting new people, hanging out with old friends and just generally refilling the creative well. Let me just say that after all this hoo-hah in the last few weeks, my spirits need lifting in a major way.

If anyone has been emailing me, please be patient. I have had trouble accessing my mail from the hotel-the public computer has had viruses several times, which keeps the browsers from working. It's a drag. I miss my dear little computer and this whole experince has made me think about the merits of a laptop, let me tell you!! I hate being so cut off.

Okay, enough bitching and moaning!! For those of you Artwerx bound, see you there!! :)

OOOO! Just as I am standing here wrapping this up, a friend called to tell me the parcel from Celine has arrived-a chunky book! I am off to collect it! More later!!

No comments: