Tuesday, October 11, 2005

SCORE!!

I made an unplanned trip to the store to get a bag of mixed nuts to munch while I watch The Amazing Race tonight and while I was there, I wandered through the magazine and book aisle. I just happened to notice Dan Brown's prequel to The Da Vinci Code-Angel's & Demons, in the illustrated edition! It was $30, which I know from experience will be far cheaper than anywhere else I find it and out of stock PDQ! Last time I saw The Da Vinci Code illustrated edition, I told my husband it was on my Xmas list. It sold out before he could get a copy and I insisted he NOT pay $50 for it. Anyway, having had the benefit of that experience, I grabbed this one off the shelf and marched straight to the checkout. I now own a copy of everything Dan Brown has published. YAY!!

Also, I saw that Sue Monk Kidd who wrote "The Secret Life of Bees" (a delightful story of Southern women) has a new book out-"The Mermaid's Chair". I got online as soon as I got home to reserve it in my library's hold system. YAY!! New books! Aside from art, books are my greatest daily pleasure! Someday I dream of having a study, lined with all the books I love. Books are dear and constant friends.

No comments: