Thursday, November 10, 2005

Bandwidth

If you are reading this, you are lucky you bookmarked me. You may have noticed that my website has gone offline. It's because I have eaten up an enormous amount of bandwidth and I cannot afford to do that. I think the problem might be someone hotlinking to my site. That means they have used MY bandwidth by showing my copyrighted images on their website AND to add insult to injury, have chosen to point to my site rather than emailing me to ask my permission and then saving the images to their own harddrive.

Now I realize that if someone is not too computer savvy, they might have done this with the best of intentions. Perhaps they saw something on my site that inspired them and they wanted to share it with others. They might not have meant any harm. I am not going to be angry with them if that was the case. All I am asking is that 1. They email me and let me know they would like to share something they saw here so I am aware of it and can give them my permission to use my images and 2. if they ARE stealing my bandwidth, please STOP. I mean this in the nicest way, because I am going to assume someone is doing it and probably doesn't even know it.

The problem lies in the fact that if this continues, I may have to cease having a website. I am a starving artist and while I LOVE to share my art online, I cannot afford to shell out a pile of my hard earned cash to pay for it. So...that said, please everyone, check yourselves and see if you are the one/s contributing to the problem.

I have no idea how long this will continue, but the sooner we solve the mystery, the better. Thanks!

No comments: