Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Magnetic Poetry

Yesterday a friend posted a poem that had been deconstructed so that you had all the words but they were in random order. The challenge was to create a poem using ONLY the words that appeared in the original. The poem she chose had some dark themed words in honour of Hallowe'en.

Here's the poem I wrote:

Small shadow settles
on broken buddhas
and family crosses,
Incense of roses
crowns the death.
Her history difficult,
hard hours,
little suicides.
The string of stars,
these white wing birds
gifts of the heavens
are with you.

I have no idea what the original poem was-I am waiting for her to tell me. This was a really interesting exercise. It's been a very long time since I wrote poetry. (I was good enough to get published once upon a time.) I think it would be interesting to take what I wrote and create some art to go with it. Maybe I will...

No comments: