Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Real Art

At the risk of offending some, I am posting this like to a site that is featuring artist's work on the theme "Anti War Medals". I find the work really interesting from an assemblage point of view.

I think art like this is a good way to have us look at subjects that might cause us to feel uncomfortable. Teesha Moore has a rubber stamp in her line that says something like "Real art has the ability to make us nervous." No matter what your view is on war, these pieces are not only wonderfully creative, but thought provoking. I love art that makes me feel something and this most certainly does.

Have a look. Have a thought. Be inspired to find something you feel passionate about and make some art to express that passion. That is where the magic lies.

No comments: