Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thoughts for Saturday

So my new favourite place to visit on the web is Sepia Art Studio. Delila, who is another member of MMCA has a beautiful way with colour and she uses buttons which are one of my most favourite things in the whole world! Her heart faerie is to die for!! I find her work really inspiring-the colours, the materials, the composition are just amazing. Delia's art is the kind that I would love to fill my home with. (Now I just need to win a lottery!)

Part of the fun of belonging to a group of artist is that you push each other to grow in your art. I just look at what other people are doing and it inspires me to try new colour combinations, use new materials, explore new subject matter. I keeps me from falling into an art rut. It's kind of the artist's version of "egging each other on".

I am off to Bellingham today for the monthly ATC swap. Looking forward to hanging out with friends and sneaking in some shopping! (Oh and lunch at the wonderful Colophon Cafe!!MMM!)

No comments: