Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Xmas In A Box

So on Monday afternoon at about 4:30 p.m., just as it was getting dark, a UPS van pulled up and they delivered this huge box. It came from my pal Deb Trotter from Wyoming. Deb had somehow managed to get my name for a Secret Santa exchange we were signed up for AND she sent gifts just because we are friends. Have a look:

The box as it arrived.


All the art supplies that were in it!


Another shot of the gifts all over my coffee table.


"Someday Soon" an assemblage by Deb Trotter.


I think Deb put everything in there but the kitchen sink. It took me about 1/2 an hour to unwrap everything. There were art supplies galore, a beautiful assemblage piece she made, a black velvet bag with fringe and beads dangling from it, jewellery, metal goodies and on and on. It would take me forever just to list out everything that was in that box. It was totally overwhelming and unexpected and I am so thankful to Deb for spoiling me beyond rotten!

Have I mentioned lately that I have the best friends in the world? Not because they send me such lovely gifts, but because they are all sweet, thoughtful, exceptional human beings. Each one blesses my life in ways I can't even begin to describe. I think that one of the ways I measure success and wealth is by the people with whom I have deep and meaningful friendships.

At this time of year, when we become caught up in the glitz and glitter of the season, it does my heart good to stop for one moment, to become quiet and reflect on all the people who are so dear and special to me. I am mindful of all those out there who feel lonely and alone and really have no one and I am extra grateful that I am enfolded in such a warm and supportive circle of friends.

No comments: