Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year!

Hello everyone and welcome to 2006! I hope everyone had a good New Year's. My husband and I marked the 16th anniversary of our first date (a Philly vs. Vancouver hockey game) on New Year's Eve. Time really seems fleeting when I think that it's been that long!

What you are looking at here is a view of the Sear's Tower in downtown Vancouver, taken from Gastown, where we were on New Year's Day. It was really cold and windy on Sunday. The birds were wheeling in the sky and I told my guys that a storm was coming. It did-we got one heck of a wind storm!

We celebrated New Year's Day by going downtown to the Union Gospel Mission to drop off clothes and bedding and then had lunch at the Spaghetti Factory, followed by a movie. The trip to the mission to donate clothes has become a bit of a family tradition. I think it's important to be a steward of your possessions and when I have things I can't use, then I like to give them to someone who can. I have always maintained that you never have too little that you can't share something. (Plus I think it's also just really good karma.)

Anyway, the art making begins in ernest this year. I am in the middle of a True Colours RR with friends that is at the half way point. (We got a bit derailed by my house disaster and then hurricane Katrina for another participant, but we are back on track now.) I am also doing an altered calendar RR with friends from MMCA which stated January 1st. So far I haven't had a spare minute to work on mine, but I will get on it by the weekend.

Oh and Artfest is less than 3 months away now!! I am counting the days and *so* excited. I am trying to gather what I need in the way of supplies for these classes little by little so I don't have to panic the week before. I am about 1/2 way organized. It's going to be a blast!

Well, that's about all the news I have to share right now. I am off to art supply shop with a friend this morning. How does one run out of gel matte medium anyway?

No comments: