Sunday, June 11, 2006

Finally Finished!


WHEW!! I have spent the entire day working on finishing these pincushions I made for AFF. I had to twist 9 cords and then sew each of them on by hand. My hands are tired now, but the job is done and I am pleased with myself. One more thing to check off my list!

I am *so* looking forward to getting away for a few days and filling my creative well up again. It's so important to be with like-minded people and to just relax and have fun sometimes. It's good to get out and see new places and experience new things. I have been a traveller all my life and I think it's the places that you go that shape you as much as anything. I love seeing how people live and viewing the world from a different perspective. I think it opens your soul up to more of what lies inside you when you can step outside of your comfort zone. I know there are places in the world I have been that have claimed a part of me and I will always feel as if I belong them in some form or another. (Do I sound wistful? I am. I am contemplating another very special trip perhaps next summer and just relishing in the idea of it at the moment.)

I am excited about AFF and having the chance to meet more online artist friends in person and travelling with my pals Janice and Deb. I know a good time will be had by all and we will come back laughing, happy and inspired. (If not a wee bit tired!) In the meantime, I have a mountain of packing to get started on. It's not so much the actual packing that takes time as it is the hunting down of odds and ends of my art supplies.

Hope you are having a productive day!

3 comments:

Naturegirl said...

What a delight to visit Tatterededge! I enjoyed reading this post and others! :)

Anonymous said...

These are adorable.

good luck with your sessions at AFF.

Just visited your other site - the Tote Along...LOVE the Knit & Carry!

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

Thanks! Actually Tote-Along isn't mine-I am just a member. :)