Saturday, June 03, 2006

Vintage Goodness

It's funny-everyone is posting their tin finds on the blog. I bought this baby in a thrift store on Wednesday with the intent of cutting it up for charms. It was absolutely filthy when I got it so when I got home, I washed it and it cleaned up nicely. It's an old confectionary tin from England. It has little ball feet on the bottom and the lid fits snugly. I love the knob on the top. Bottom line is, this tin is now too pretty for me to make jewellery out of, so it's going to become my button box instead. So much for that! Now I have to find another tin to cut up!

Some friends and I are making a pilgramage to Dressew to gather bits for AFF. I will post the spoils of our trip here tomorrow. For those you you not "in the know" Dressew is this huge textile and notions store in the heart of Vancouver. It has everything textile and notions related that you could ever want and then some. I will take my camera so I can show you. Stay tuned!

*Oh and the Dandy Candy swap is filling up nicely. If you want to join us, please see my previous post for email information. Sign ups close on the 10th.

No comments: