Monday, October 30, 2006

Art Du Jour












So this is my page for a collaborative project I am participating in, hosted by Laura. She sent all of us photos and black photo album pages and it was up to us to create art using that phone (or not) and a back story on the person in the photo. I decided to use a photo I had on hand instead and to share a bit of Canadiana. In my case, I guess you could call my page "Fact or Fiction" because some of what is included is fact and some is fiction. It was just too tempting to mix the two.

In other news, I received my order from Paper Whimsy this morning and I am dying to play with the beautiful images. First though, I have be good and get some work done. Nothing like inspiration to get me motivated to clear my desk though! Being ill the last 3 weeks has put me behind and sometimes I feel like the faster I try and go, the behinder I get! Nothing to do except keep putting one foot in front of the other-eventually, I will get there!

It is cold, crisp and windy here on the west coast now-autumn is definitely upon us! I love watching the big winds come and swirl the leaves from the trees. Last night when I was driving home, I passed an area where there is a big rookery (a nesting place of crows) and the sky was completely black with crows on the wing. It sure was a sight to see. I wish I hadn't been zooming down the freeway, but stationed somewhere where I might have captured it on my camera instead. It would have made a fabulous picture-the sky at the half light of dusk and all those crows in flight. Beautiful!

In my heaven, it would be Autumn every day.

2 comments:

Deb said...

WHAT a neat page!! I have always had a thing for a man in a uniform - lol!!! This project has been a lot of fun and can't wait to see the finished album :0) Hugs - Deb

Deb said...

WHAT a neat page!! I have always had a thing for a man in a uniform - lol!!! This project has been a lot of fun and can't wait to see the finished album :0) Hugs - Deb