Sunday, January 14, 2007

January Thus Far

So I have been working hard on my gifts for the Be My Valentine exchange. (The photo here is a hint!) I have 10 out of 15 completed and should be able to mail them off by next weekend, once I figure out how I want to wrap them. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone made. Like my friend Penn often says, we have so much fun making gifts to give that we forget that we are going to also be receiving some back!

In other news, I am incredibly excited about an upcoming book I have recently been invite to contribute to. I love doing work for publication-it's what inspires me the most. Art is for sharing and I love thinking up a project and then working through it to the finished piece, knowing it's going to inspire other artists. I know my heart really lies in the process of design more than anything. Speaking of design, Paper Artsy has published two more of my designs as project sheets for their retailers. I am very pleased. It looks like it's going to be a busy winter, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I am also starting to get my supplies gathered for Artfest. It's a couple months away, but the time goes by so quickly and before I know it, it will be time to go! I can't wait to visit and reconnect with old friends, meet some new ones and fill up my creative well. I have classes with LK Ludwig and Kristen Steiner who are new to me and the lovely Nina Bagley whom I have had the pleasure of taking a class with before. It's so important to spend time with people who "get" the whole mixed media art thing. It's wonderful to walk into a room and be greeted by a whole host of people who are like-minded. I always feel like throwing my arms wide and shouting "MY PEOPLE!!!" *grin*

Meanwhile, back in reality, we are still dealing with snow and ice. Since the last storm hit, we have had a cold snap so it's barely melted during the day and then refreezes overnight. I can tell you I am already tired of scraping my windshield and having to force my car door open every morning! Once I have driven my son to school, I scramble back to my warm house, throw on an extra sweater and a pair of slippers and get to work. Winter always makes me want to burrow down and hibernate. It's a time when my creativity is at its peak.

1 comment:

tiffini elektra x said...

You are so organized - can not wait to see the finished Valentines!
P.S. I am going to Artfest this year as well. Keith Lo Bue, Stephanie Lee and Melissa Manley. I am so excited to be able to meet you!