Thursday, March 15, 2007

All's Well That Ends Well!



So for those of you who've been following along, a couple days ago I ran into a major problem with the crayon project when the Crayola that arrived was far different from what I anticipated. This meant I had to go back to th drawing board. Yesterdayy I spent some time going through my ephemera looking for bits and pieces in a tone that matched this more orangy version of scarlet. I managed to come up with the right material (hooray for having a stash!) and created this version. To tell you the truth, I actually like this piece far better than the original. It's softer and I like the elements better.

So...the moral of the story is that sometimes being forced to redo something is a good thing. I laughed, I cried and I grew as an artist. *snicker* I've kept the offending crayon and I plan to do something with it eventually.

Oh and just so you know, ten out of ten artists polled agreed that scarlet is not orange!

3 comments:

Sweet Petunia said...

They both are lovely. I agree that scarlet is not orange...perhaps the color just got mislabled. See you at ArtFest.

lindaharre said...

I love this piece! It makes me wish I had joined the swap@#$#%% Great Job no matter what color:)

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

I'm a bit behind on the Crayon story but I too agree that scarlet is not orange and according to the Crayola website they put Scarlet in the red category" http://www.crayola.com/colorcensus/history/this_hue.cfm?hue=8

Wonder if yours was a boo boo? But the wrapper seems to coordinate... strange indeed.

How come I never get asked to do cool projects like this? peh...