So for those of you who've been following along, a couple days ago I ran into a major problem with the crayon project when the Crayola that arrived was far different from what I anticipated. This meant I had to go back to th drawing board. Yesterdayy I spent some time going through my ephemera looking for bits and pieces in a tone that matched this more orangy version of scarlet. I managed to come up with the right material (hooray for having a stash!) and created this version. To tell you the truth, I actually like this piece far better than the original. It's softer and I like the elements better.
So...the moral of the story is that sometimes being forced to redo something is a good thing. I laughed, I cried and I grew as an artist. *snicker* I've kept the offending crayon and I plan to do something with it eventually.
Oh and just so you know, ten out of ten artists polled agreed that scarlet is not orange!