Sunday, April 08, 2007

A Beautiful Soul

I'm taking a break from the Artfest posts today because I want to tell you about my friend Tricia (Patricia) Anders. Tricia is an amazing artist that I met through mutual blogging friends. The colours she uses in her work are so rich and vibrant without feeling "loud". In fact her paintings have this deam-like quality to them. The part that always gets me about her work is the eyes. She has this gift for creating the most luminous eyes on her characters and those eyes draw you in. (I posted, with her permission, this painting called "Raggedy Poser" which is my all time favourite.)

Tricia is also a talented doll maker. Her work has been featured in a number of magazines including Art Doll Quarterly. She also shows her work at the Ten Women Gallery in Venice, Ca. I especially love her ornies-they are fantastic! (Below is my favourite-isn't "Butterfly Boy" gorgeous?*swoon*)


What I love about Tricia's work is that it is entirely unique and distinctive-you would never mistake her for anyone else. Her pieces have such passion and truth in them and it inspires me. Tricia is also one of the nicest people I know-she has a kind and giving heart and she is beautifully humble.

What I really wanted to share with you that Tricia has now made some of her beautiful work available as giclees on paper and canvas. This weekend she is starting to list them on her Etsy and has included several from her 2006 collection of paintings. If her work speaks to you, please go check them out.

Thank you Tricia for keeping me in eye candy and inspiring me, simply by honouring your gift. As Marianne Williamson put it:

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same."

You are a shining star. xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH GOOD GRIEF you made me bust a tear!!

heartfelt thanks for such a thoughtful endorsement, such kindness out of the blue,

You have shown me how to be a more supportive friend and I am popping a giclee of your favorite in the mail!!! XOXO