Sunday, March 30, 2008

Hot Off the Presses!


It's here!! The box with copies of Haute Handbags has arrived! When I went to the PO to get my mail and saw it, I had to open it right there and then. Carol, my post lady was kind enough to get excited along with me when I showed her what the big deal was. Pictured here is the beautiful bag Kristen Steiner created for me. Not only do I treasure this tote, but our friendship as well. She is one of the sweetest and gentlest souls I know. Congratulations to Kristin, Kathy Strittmater and Caren McNee for having their work included in this article!

Friday was a good day, not only because the magazines finally arrived, but also because I got word that I will have another article coming out in the July/August issue of Somerset Studios! Yay!! Now I am just waiting for Pasticcio 3 to arrive so I can see the article I wrote for it in print! It's a very exciting time for me and I am so blessed to be doing what I love!


I am still scrambling to prepare for Artfest. For the last week I have been trying to find time to get the photocopying I need to do done for two of the classes I'm taking. Something keeps happening and I don't get it done. Yesterday I was all set to head to Staples and do it when my son decided he wanted to come and shop at the mall with me. I didn't end up going to Staples because it was going to take awhile and I didn't want him standing around saying he was bored and asking how much longer would I be. So today is the day! I really must get it done! I have discovered that while I love to go to Artfest, I really hate packing. I have been at it in dribs and drabs for the last 3 weeks and I am still not done.



When I get back I have a few days to prepare for the Studio Tour. Here is the invite for anyone who needs it! The reception on Friday night is also open to the public. Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

liz said...

congratulations to ALL of you!! have a GREAT ArtFest!
liz xx