Monday, June 09, 2008

Catching Up!

Copyright Tattered Edge 2008
It's barely June and my brain is already straining to go into vacation mode. I will be working through to the end of the month, tying up loose ends and clearing my plate before I can really relax. Funny how once you get the idea of a vacation, you can think of little else.

This mixed media piece is not finished, but I decided to post it anyway. I am waiting for inspiration to strike before I attempt to finish it. One thing I have learned about my art making process is that if I don't know what to do, then I just have to walk away. There's no point trying to force something-it will just be a wasted effort-things will not turn out to my satisfaction and then I will be annoyed with myself. So, until that flash of brilliance comes, it will sit. It was a sample for the workshop I did with the kids last week.

In the meantime, I thought I would update "the list", since it's been awhile. Here we go:
Reading: "The Memory Keeper's Daughter". I am enjoying this one. It's taking me a long time to read though because I am usually too tired at the end of the day to read more than a chapter at a time.

Watching: I am still working my way through "The Rest Of Everest" podcasts. There's 100 episodes and I am on #26. I have also been watching "Deadliest Catch" in between. Now iTunes has gotten with the program and made movie rentals available in Canada so I made a list over the weekend of movies I want to watch. What ever did I do before Ipod?!? I love my iPod. It's one of the best gifts ever!

I am also watching "So You Think You Can Dance" which I LOVE. It's always so entertaining to see real talent. (Or lack thereof!) So much better than Idol, which is really getting old, fast.

Listening: To a mix of Canadian artists' songs. I am doing a project so it's meant combing through my music to find the perfect mix of Canada's best.

Anticipating: The launch of the "Rescue Me" microsodes. Yes folks, those will be on, starting this Tuesday. I am hoping this means they will be on in Canada this Tuesday. If not, you might hear me howling with indignation! I need my Tommy fix!

Dreaming: Of vacation...need I say more?!?
Doing: Finishing up projects, taking an online visual journalling class, deciding about working on an article, ordering goodies to keep me busy throughout the summer...

Creating: I'm having a whole lot of fun with paint and paper right now. I love working with paint, something I haven't done alot of in the past because I didn't have a studio and it was too messy to leave lying around the house. Now that I have my own space, that's going to change. I need to expand my collection of paints though, I am running low.

No comments: