Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Farewell Summer

This is how we spent one of the last days of summer vacation. We took Indy to one of our favourite beaches, Crescent Beach. The tide was out so we were able to walk waaaaaay out on the sand and explore the tidal pools. It was Indy's first time swimming in the ocean and as you can see, he had a great time.

I am totally in love with this little guy (who is not so little anymore-he's growing rapidly!) and often find myself staring at him, appreciating his beautiful lines and shiny coat. He really is a gorgeous animal and has the sweetest disposition. We all adore him. There's just nothing like being greeted by him either-his whole body becomes one big puppy wiggle with the sheer joy of seeing you. Everyone should be loved like that!

I was going to share some art I did recently, but when I looked on the hard drive for the photos, I realized I hadn't taken any! I am not sure where I stashed the artwork, so I'll have to find it and share another day.

My son starts his first day of his final year of high school today. Indy starts obedience class tonight. Everyone's off to school! I have enjoyed visiting the office supply stores lately and picking up odds and ends for the studio. I am an office supply junkie. I really can't help myself. I love pens, envelopes, labels, paper and all that good stuff.

I did some quick tidying in the studio yesterday. It was getting a bit messy with all the stuff I've worked on over the summer. I will probably do a purge later this month, once I clear my plate of projects I need to complete. I am *almost* there! I don't know about you, but I find the need to do a purge at least twice a year, usually in the spring and fall. I can't stand to have unnecessary junk piling up. I usually find a fair amount of stuff to donate to charity and I always feel better when I know the house is in order.

It's hard to believe the summer is over and we are headed into fall. Two months flew by so quickly. Before you know it, it will be Canadian Thanksgiving! (Which falls on October 13th this year.) We wrapped up our summer with a BBQ with friends last night. It was the perfect way to say goodbye to the lazy days of summer. I hope your long weekend was good too!

4 comments:

Amy Huff said...

I'm really envious of your two month summers. In Texas, I feel like it's 100 degrees 10 months of the year!

Indy looks so sweet. Puppy love is the best!

DJ said...

Ahhhhhh adorable puppy! My new baby "Tulla" is a Border Collie, but no one told her she wasn't a water dog LOL and she loves to dunk her head in the water just like a Lab. I've never had a herding dog that liked water before. So, I'm going to get her a wading pool since we don't have water near.
Enjoy all that puppy love...
DJ

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Indy has grown so much!

P.S. I've nominated you for the Brillante Premio Award because I love your blog. The rules are on my blog.

swooze said...

I love that picture and actually thought it was an art quilt at first. Why didn't you get an Australian Shepherd? I thought it was you that mentioned you loved that breed. Indy is beautiful!

Hugs!