Monday, March 02, 2009

For the Love of Zines


So the Jewelery Zine by Catherine & Deryn arrived late last week. It's chock full of inspiration and information-it's a nice balance of eyecandy and instruction. The zine is about a 1/2 inch thick and has full 8 1/2 x 11 pages.

I've been reading my way through it little by little, as I am wont to do and "meeting" all kinds of talented artists I didn't know about before. If you're interested, you will want to order your copy now, as it's a limited run. Ordering info is here.

Also new in the land of zines is "The Creative Life Ain't for Sissies!" by Jeannine Peragrine. This one talks about the 5 myths of creativity and how to deal with dispelling those myths. Jeannine is a very insightful and talented artist and I am dying to read what she has to say. She actually wrote this zine longhand during a power outage! Curious? You can order your copy here.
I love zines. They are one of my favorite things. I think it's a great way to get your work and ideas out there and there are so many good ones available right now.

I've been busy creating, as always, but can't share what I'm making at the moment. Soon, I promise. March is always a busy month with preparing for Artfest, celebrating my birthday and this year, Indy, the best puppy ever, will be turning a year old on the the ides of March. (The 15th.) I see good times and cake in my future!

Speaking of cake and birthdays, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my fellow March babies, Linda Woods, Karen Dinino, Catherine Witherell , Barbara Atwell, Patricia Anders & Tracy Roos. (Tracy and I were both born on the 22nd.) I am in very fine company indeed!

1 comment:

HappyDayArt! said...

Oh and there's me on March 9th too!

Catherine

P.S. Thanks for the mention!