Friday, March 27, 2009

March's List


Reading: The Open Road: The Global Journey of the Fourteenth Dalai Lama by Pico Iyer. This was a birthday gift from my best friend Lisa. She always gives me such wonderful books to read about the people I admire. Last year she gave me The Science of Leonardo.



Watching: Ice Road Truckers on the History Channel. Deb and her son watch this one. They mentioned it to be awhile back, but it just started airing in Canada. It's really interesting and it's filmed in northern Canada-out of Yellow Knife, NWT.

Essentially what it's about is the roads built across the waterways of the north in the winter season. This allows trucks to deliver essential supplies and equipment to the diamond mines. It's an extremely dangerous job. If you like Deadliest Catch, you'd probably enjoy Ice Road Truckers.





Listening: Poseidon and the Bitter Bug (deluxe Edition) by the Indigo Girls. This album was just released on Tuesday and I think I've already listened to it 20 times. I love the Indigo Girls. They have such wonderful harmonies and they know how to write lyrics. They write the kind of music I like to listen to while I work in the studio. It's just easy and relaxing.




Drinking: My in-laws always send me a cheque for my birthday and this year I spent it on the Zarafina Tea Maker Suite. I saw it in a flyer before my birthday on sale for $30 (I see on the website it's $99!) and just happened to some across one the other day so I snapped it up. I love it. I can have tea steeped exactly how I like it. It makes both bagged and loose tea and is it ever fast! I can put it on and my tea is ready in less than 5 minutes!


Copyright Pilar Pollock 2009

Copyright Pilar Pollock 2009

Anticipating: Pressies in the mail! Today these goodies arrived from Pilar. She made me this gorgeous hand-dyed shawl in my favourite colour and this great heart ornie that says "tattered but whole". They are wonderful. THANK YOU so much Pip!!You spoil me!

There's a few more packages on their way, so I am keep an eye out. There's nothing better than artsy goodies in the magic mailbox!


Doing: Packing madly for Artfest! It always takes me about a month to get everything organized. I pre-packed my bag for the first day's class so I won't have to worry about it on Thursday morning. I am working on filling a bag with goodies for my roomie Tina and looking forward to time spent with the rest of my house mates.

I've also been playing "dress up" this morning-going through my closets to see what fits as I've been dropping weight like crazy. My favourite clothing store (which shall remain nameless) closed and I haven't found another store to replace it, so I haven't bought anything in my new size yet. I guess when I get home, I should go through my closet and take whatever's too big to a consignment shop-half of it has hardly been worn, if at all. I am nothing, if not careful with my clothes.

So...that's all the news I have for now. Off to make some lunch!





1 comment:

Sherry said...

Great post!! Lovely pressies...I love that tea maker and the heart ornie is lovely!!!