Monday, April 06, 2009

Settling Back In

Artfest Logo by Tracy Moore 2009
Home again, safe and sound, if not totally exhausted from the frenetic energy that is Artfest. I've spent today tending to pressing life matters and reconnecting with my guys and most adoringly, my puppy. THANK YOU to my best friend Lisa, for coming over to take care of Indy in my absence. Indy assures me he had the best time hanging out with his best friend too.

I am working on taking pics of all the wonderful trades I received. I always save them for when I get home, so I can savour them. I like to take time to marvel over the precious details of each one and to check out the websites of the generous artists who gave them to me.

I was stressing over not having made as many trades this year as in the past, but my worries were unfounded, as I had more than enough to share and folks also just gave me stuff for the sake of giving. It's this aspect of Artfest that I enjoy the most-the generosity of spirit. It's an important reminder that art is for sharing and I thank each and every one of you who shared your gifts with me.

Speaking of sharing, I have lots I want to write about Artfest here, but it's going to take me a few days to get it all posted as I am also working on getting my son off on an important, life-changing trip in 2 days. It never fails that in my life, everything always has to happen at once. People wonder why I am so good at organization and time management-it's purely a survival skill, I assure you!

So keep your eyes open for lots of Artfest content over the next few days. I will do my best to get it posted in a timely manner so you can share in the wonder of it all. Back in a jiff!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Can't wait to hear and see all about it...I love that you remind us "art is for sharing" -- that's so true, in so many ways!

I smiled when you said everything seems to happen at once and being organized is a survival skill ^5 on that!! I also believe that if you want something done, you give it to a busy person -- multi tasking and getting things done seems to happen that way!!

Glad you are back and that you had a wonderful time!